CHALLENGE REVIEW TIME! It’s time to go through the last month’s Challenge entries, allocate those Pins (if you’re lost, check this page here), and announce the next month’s challenge!
The June challenge was Something Different. I asked you to shoot and submit something different to what you normally do, to push yourself out into something a bit scary and new, with the challenge pointers in mind. The easiest way to run through the madness is to watch:
As usual, there is no way we can include everyone’s critiques in the video, but in this case I followed last months semi-reverse shortlist. Of course, there can only be one winner, so the winners of the pins this month are:
(If you don’t know what Pins are, please check out the section on pins here.)
Totally different styles of shot, all stunningly amazing in their own right. Awesome work!
But what is July’s challenge? Well, this months challenge is:
The “Action” Challenge.
The aim of this months challenge is to submit your strongest action photograph – something must be moving reasonably quick to meet the entry criteria. Entries can be of any subject. The subject does not have to be a dog – I repeat, the subject can be anything.
How to enter:
- Stricly ONE entry per person.
- Shoot or select an image shot within the last 12 months.
- Post your piece to Instagram and tag @thattogspot in the image.
- In the description/caption, use the hashtag #ThatTogSpotChallenge
- (optional) Share the post to your story (bonus points for adding a before and after) and tag @thattogspot and #ThatTogSpotChallenge in the story
- Entries close at midnight (UK time) on the last day of July
The image will be judged on all the normal things (focus, composition, clipped highlights or shadows, focus, exposure, editing quality (not quantity!) and white balance) in line with Print comps…
As always, no purchased/downloaded assets are allowed – these include overlays, composite elements and brushes. Entries should not be submitted of images taken on trainings and workshops.
The judging will take place at the start of July and the judge’s decision is final.